Twist up your Christmas recipes with homemade smoky Chipotle Sauce
Ingredients (to make 1lrl)
- 110g Sliced white onion
- 10ml Vegetable oil
- ¾ tbsp. Pureed garlic
- 50g Pureed chilli (2 thirds jalapenos/1 third chipotle chillies in
- 90g Chopped tomatoes
- ¾ tbsp. Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Table salt
- 220ml Water
- 1 tsp Vegetable bouillon
- ¾ tbsp. Tomato paste
- 20ml Palm oil
- 10g Fresh coriander
- 10ml White wine vinegar
- Place the oil & onions into a large pan on the stove and cook until the onions have gone brown & caramelised (approx. 20 minutes), then add
- the garlic & chilli puree and cook in for 2 minutes.
- Now add the sugar, vegetable bouillon & vinegar, stir into the mix.
- Stir in the tomato puree, add the tomatoes & water then bring to the boil, reduce the heat & simmer for 10 minutes.
- Roughly chop the coriander & add the palm oil & salt, blend thoroughly & check taste adjust if needed.