Pescado a la Macho
PESCADO A LA MACHO
- 1 170g cod fillet marinated in oil, salt & pepper
- 5 squid rings
- 5 mussels
- 8 crayfish tails
- 5 peeled tiger prawns
- 200ml a la macho sauce per portion
- 100ml vegetable stock
To make the a la macho sauce:
- 40g diced red onion
- 7 ml veg oil
- 1 teaspoon of red chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 / 4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 40ml white wine (Chilean chardonnay)
- 1 teaspoon fish bouillon
- 40ml crayfish brine
- 40g chopped parsley
- Pinch teaspoon salt
- Pinch cracked black pepper
- Heat the oil in the pan and add the red onions & the cumin seeds, cook without colouring
- Then stir in the paprika and fish bouillon, then add the wine, barts chilli sauce, crayfish brine, whipping cream, bring to a simmer add the parsley.
- Cook for approx. 5-10 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Place the stock in a stainless steel pan with the cod fillet & heat through.
- Poach the fillet for approximately 1 minute then add the other fish apart from the crayfish tails.
- Add the a la macho sauce.
- Heat through until all fish is cooked and the sauce thickens slightly the add the crayfish tails.
- Plate with 150g of rice, 15 fine green beans tossed in a teaspoon of garlic & chilli butter. Garnish with a lemon wedge & watercress.